I just purchased a new raspberry pi 3 for my personal projects and also I'm a newbie in the area.
So in this blog I'll share how to setup a brand new raspberry pi.
- Raspberry pi 3
- 5v power adapter or Smart phone adapter(not guaranteed with this solution ) with micro USB power input cable
- Class 10 micro sd card with minimum 8 Gb storage.
- HDMI to HDMI or HDMI to VGA cable to connect to monitor
- USB mouse and keyboard
- First, go here and download the zip or the file you want
- Then go here and download then install it
- Connect your sd card with your PC
- Run the installed app Etcher
- Select the downloaded zip for burning the disk image and select the sd card for burning in it
- Hit start button
- After successfully completion, eject the card.
- Now plug the SD card in pi3 board
- Connect mouse, keyboard and HDMI cable
- Connect the power adapter in power port
- In the monitor you will see its setting up
- After that, you are ready to go.
Voila, all things done.
If you want to connect your pi via ssh rather with UI, then
- First connect the internet either with Ethernet or wifi
- Then in the terminal run
ifconfigto get your device ip address like
- Then you need to initiate the ssh server
sudo raspi-configin a terminal window
- Select Interfacing Options
- Navigate to and select SSH
- Choose Yes
- Select Ok
- Choose Finish
- Then go to your desktop open termial(Mac or Linux) or putty/git shell(windows user)
- connect using
- Passoword is raspberry by default
And Voila you are connected!
That's all for this now, I'll share more after I learn new things. :)